Wednesday 14 November 2012

To Wander Lonely as a Cloud

I decided to go for a long walk today, so I set off under the sun, with no set destination in mind. I ended up getting a bus to Merton Abbey and walked along the River Wandle, past the animal farm and across the tramline to Morden Wetlands, I then followed the path up to Morden Hall Park. 

From Morden I jumped on and off a few random buses, until I finally ended up in Kingston. I started walking again by the River Thames towards Richmond (last time I went the other way towards Hampton Court). It was a beautiful walk! I wandered though Ham Lands Nature Reserve, past Teddington Lock, the towpath was flooded towards Richmond and on the recommendation of a friendly local, I ended up walking towards the town and getting another bus. I had a lovely day, in the company of many birds and insects and trees...and the autumn colours looked striking!