Wednesday 5 June 2013

...still wandering, still wondering...

And as I wandered, I wondered...will the the novelty of London ever wear off? Hmm, I don't think so. I've been walking through the heart of the city nearly every day for over two months now and still the sights haven't gotten the least bit old or tiresome. I guess that's because London is a city (like so many others) that's always evolving, always changing.

Though often I wander through the same areas, they're never really the same- I mean the sky is different, the clouds, the light, the hues of colour, the crowds, the people, the buskers, the songs the buskers sings, the magician switches places with the entertainer, the clown disappears and in his place another settles, a Romanian drifter wooing children with a snake, a plump smiley far-eastern woman selling peanuts. Diversity. To me, the most beautiful thing about London is its diversity- the people, colours, languages, markets, the food, flags, fusion, art- always different, always changing and so are we....

Sadly, I sort of knew it was too good to last, working and wandering in the heartland. In a couple of weeks, the charity I work for will be moving offices to Hanger Lane and though a part of me is looking forward to exploring and getting to know West London a bit better (always kind of eluded me), I know I'm really going to miss being at the centre of everything. A few recent pictures....